Data Science Department
The Data Science department is led by the Data Manager and his/her team comprising of Data Research Fellows, Data Officers, Data Assistants and Data Technicians who aim to enhance the value, quality, security and understanding of data through coordinated efforts in a variety of research projects.
Our vision is to lead the improvement of health research through mobile Health and electronic data collection and capturing.
Our mission is to build, deploy and maintain innovative, robust and sustainable health informatics systems in collaboration with different stakeholders.
Our Core Services
The core services of the department are:
- To formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data.
- To encourage knowledge sharing and continuous development of the research data collection tools, by using free and open source software (FOSS) standards.
- To collect data using different tools such Research Electronics Data capturing system (REDCap), Open Data Kit (ODK Data), Scan form and many more.
- To devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis with attention to all technical aspects.
- To become a one stop center for out of the box solution for transcription, translation services, CRF/eCRF designing and data management services.
- To generate data which is trusted, understood, timely, accurate and is provided and used in a meaningful, secure and consistent manner.
- To develop policy and procedures to ensure consistency in how data is sourced and used across projects in order to ensure data quality and integrity.